Friday, October 13, 2006

4

This is going to be much worse than I thought. After two rejection letters I wasn't too fazed, after all, I expected some. But four in a row; now I'm shaking a little. For posterity's sake:

San Francisco - rejection letter
Portland Opera - rejection
Glimmerglass - rejection
Florida Grand Opera - rejection

Santa Fe
Des Moines
Houston
Wolf Trap
St. Louis
Utah
Chautauqua
Central City
Minnesota
Seattle
Lake George

I still have 10 to hear from, not to mention that there will be at least 4 more programs to apply for in the winter/spring. I am starting to think I made a big mistake auditioning last year, using my appearances in front of the companies when I was unsure if I was ready. I took a risk and it did not pay off. Now that I feel so much more confident in my abilities I am feeling that I will be left without a chance to show them. But perhaps, just perhaps, ... no. The only sane thing that I can think of to do with this rejection is to collect it all and use it as fuel for my passion. I sing because I can't see my life without it. If only I could have not been able to see my life without being a reconstructive surgeon.

No comments: