Wednesday, November 29, 2006

if only

If only I could stop long enough for my head to stop spinning, for my eyes to close and rest. I was on a plane, off a plane, in St. Louis back home. No sooner had I been at work enough to know I was busy, then I took off for Cincinnati again returned home. Two days at work trying to do the work of two weeks then to New York, back a day for a meeting or two then again to New York and Philadelphia. It has been easier to think "I want this, I will get this" while standing in front of the piano at home, knowing my bed and my partner were near at hand. But there has been a disturbance; my cat has taken to being missing the last few days. Now with the cat gone, even in cities far away, my sleep has been disturbed and my mind a bit flighty. Perhaps it is time to go home, look under some more houses for the kitty and take a break. Until Saturday that is. At least for the night. Well, perhaps for a few hours.

No comments: