Friday, October 29, 2010

Baby steps in NY

Audition season is here. Time for New York City. I'm here, living in the city for two months. When I say "in the city", I really mean I'm living in Queens. I've converted from California cuisine and access to any cooking ingredient I could possibly dream of, to desperately trying to find staples at two small grocers stacked to the ceiling with products, just not my products.

I anxiously await audition notices via e-mail, scratching them off or adding pertinent time and locations to my calendar. Amid all the changes in my life and rejections, I'm finding it more and more important to find routine. So far I've succeeded in tracking down a great coffee roaster and made my first cup of French press coffee this morning. Yes, I brought my press to NY. It was the sole reason for my third bag. I did discover I could use the rest of the baggage space for more shoes so it wasn't a total waste.

Tomorrow I will add item #2 to the daily routine: run.

Routine item #3 will be Italian lessons from Rosetta Stone.

With that said, it's no surprise that I've decide to blog on a more regular basis to keep track of the ups and downs, put the advice and experiences I encounter into words.

Here goes everything...



No comments: