Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Recap and Upcoming

I've been meaning to write about my first lesson in NY and about a libretto reading performance that I attended but for some reason it seems too daunting at the moment. Oddly enough, a brief breakdown of all the auditions I've done so far doesn't. I think it's my mind's way of trying to sort through what I've done so far and what I still have left to do. It is the half way point of my time in NY so I might as well go with what my mind has set it's self to do.

Oct 31: Christmas Show Auditions - I started rehearsals 2 weeks ago)

Nov 2: DMMO - They offered contracts yesterday, sadly nothing for me. I felt so great about this audition and think I got too excited about the program. C'est la vie. Sang Composer's Aria and Nina.

Nov 8: Met Opera Chorus - I won't hear until May if I am offered anything. It will probably take me that long to stop wondering. Sang Composer's Aria.

Nov 15: Palm Beach - No call back. Felt great about the Composer's Aria, lost steam with Cherubino.

Nov 16: Minnesota Opera - No call back. Another Composer and Cherubino.

Nov 18: Ohio Light Opera - A friend was the accompanist, it was great to see him. I felt good about the audition overall. Sang Nina's Aria and Losing my Mind. Plus I did a monologue from Nuts. Anyone sensing a theme?

Nov 20: Santa Fe Opera - Sang only Composer. The accompanist did like my singing even if Santa Fe didn't seem to be looking for what I had.

NEXT UP:

Dec 1: Utah Opera, Crested Butte, New Jersey Opera
Dec 4: Pensacola Opera, Tri-Cities Opera
Dec 5: Opera Company of Middlebury
Dec 12: Opera North
Union Avenue (waiting on date and time)
Waiting to hear from a handful of others

One pending contract!



No comments: