Tuesday, November 02, 2010

DMMO

✓ Green Dress
✓ Sparkle Shoes
✓ Composer's Aria
✓ Laughter and Fun

Even though I sang at 9:20 am (my natural habits tending towards fully away by noon) I felt like things were flowing well. I had to catch myself a few times, coaxing myself to breathe deep and relax, but other than that, I felt settled and good. I've been working on slowing down the dramatic actions while I sing and it seems to have helped keep my nerves less frenetic as well.

I was tickled when asked if I "really wanted to sing Nina's Aria so early in the morning."

"Of course!!!" I emphatically replied. "It's one of my favorites."

Which was met with, "It's one of my favorites as well."

The accompanist made me giggle as he looked at me with a huge grin that said, "I'll play it but it is definitely NOT one of my favorites." He did a smashing job, and even though I had several words slip my mind, I felt so well supported by the pianist I was easily able to keep the train going on the right track.

The current state of affairs is that overall I had fun, laughed, felt technically secure, dramatically solid with room to grow and had a fulfilling exchange with the audition panel. I know where the glitches occurred and can smooth them out for the next audition. On the whole I'd say that's a top notch audition! I even heard a hushed, "...wow..." from behind the desk following the Nina. Here's hoping it wasn't due to some fantastically horrid vocal snafu or *gasp* pop star type wardrobe malfunction. What? The opera world's crazy too you know. Bonkers I tell you. Divas were partying like rock stars when a rock was still just a rock and a star was, well you get the picture.

I digress.

Next up: Met Chorus Auditions

No comments: